Monday, October 20, 2008

I Am a Child of God

"I am a Child of God and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday."

Taken from the LDS hymnbook Hymn #301

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we talked about Heavenly Father's plan for us and used this song. It seems so clear through a 3 year old's level of understanding and perfect faith. I am so grateful for the knowledge of His plan in my own life. I'm grateful to know that I am a child of a loving and kind Heavenly Father and that he is aware of me and my concerns. Even though we all experience things in this life that don't make sense to us, we can turn to him in prayer and receive peace and guidance.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Janna - you are a wonderful example of someone who is submitting their all to the Lord's will and earnestly trying to follow His Plan for you. Thanks for being a living example of that.

Also, thanks again for throwing such a fun party the other night. It was so great to be with everyone and share so many laughs. You're the best!