Monday, January 12, 2009

Things Laynee learned in Primary

Tonight as I was cleaning the house, Laynee started telling me all about Jesus' plan and how he fought Satan. She told me that Satan's plan doesn't give us any choices, but Jesus lets us choose. Then she said that Satan tries to trick us to be naughty. I stopped cleaning and gave my full attention to her, since this isn't something that we have talked about before.

I teared up a little listening to her talk and realized, first of all, how grateful I am for a good primary teacher and for good primary leaders. Secondly, I was a little stunned at the simplicity of our Heavenly Father's plan explained by a three year old. I have been thinking all night how right she was about it all. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to make choices and for the knowledge I have that Satan is SO real and does try to trick us.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I feel the same way when I hear my kids talk about the things they learn in Primary and I am so grateful that I do not have to teach them the gospel and the things they truly need to learn...all by myself :)